Data and system access controls
- Personal data is accessible and manageable only by properly authorized staff.
- Direct database query access is restricted.
- Access rights to our applications used to process personal data are established and enforced;
access is via secure passwords and two-factor authentication, where possible.
- Personal data is never stored locally, or in physical form.
Data encryption and transmission controls
- n8n will always encrypt sensitive data (e.g. passwords, credentials you create in the app to
communicate with different services) when transitioning data to/from different services to ensure it
cannot be read, copied, modified or removed without authorization during electronic transmission or
- n8n has the decryption key at hand to decrypt that data for use.
- Account passwords are hashed. Our own staff can't even view them. If you lose your password, it
can't be retrieved — it must be reset.
Data backups and deletion
- We generate daily backups of execution data, stored workflows, webhooks and encrypted credentials,
store them using a secure sub-processor. These backups enable us to restore your data in case of
accidental deletion or subscription cancellation.
- By default, raw execution logs are purged on a rolling basis, and are deleted no more than 30 days
after executions have taken place, unless longer log retention time is requested by the user.
- Data from different n8n subscribers is logically segregated on systems managed by n8n.