This workflow shows a low code approach to parsing an XML file and storing its contents in a Google Sheets spreadsheet.
To run the workflow:
- Make sure you are running n8n 0.197 or newer
- Have n8n authenticated with Google Sheets
How it's done:
- This workflow first downloads an example file using the HTTP Request node and reads this file using the XML node.
- It then runs the Item Lists node to split out the individual
food items from the example file.
- It then splits up the workflow into a separate branch creating a new spreadsheet file using the Google Sheets node. To read the column names we're using the Object.keys() method inside a Set node.
- Once the spreadsheet is created (the workflow waits for this using the Merge node), the data is appended to the newly created sheet (again using the Google Sheets node).